Inviting You to Rediscover Authentic Yoga
In our ever-evolving world, where quick fixes and “life hacks” seem to have become the norm, ancient practices often get overshadowed or reduced to their most basic forms. Especially in the West, yoga is largely viewed as a series of stretches or exercises, missing the vastness of its holistic essence.
The aim of the Universal Yogic Toolbox course is to bring you closer to the profound depth and breadth of classical yoga. It is an opportunity not just to learn, but to experience how yoga can seamlessly integrate into every facet of your daily life.
We will explore:
- A Fresh Perspective: Dive deep into familiar asanas, pranayamas, relaxation, and meditation, understanding them as powerful tools for holistic health and day-to-day management.
- Yoga for every place and time: yoga need not be confined to the mat, or over-an-hour sessions at home or a studio. Many techniques can be done just about everywhere, whether at work or while riding the Tube. After completing this course, there will be little room left for excuses of any kind!
- Hidden Gems: Unearthing lesser-known techniques that can significantly transform our experience of life.
- Everyday Yoga: Discover how to weave single practices or short sequences into your daily routine, maximising their benefits without overwhelming your schedule.
- The Magic of Breath: Embracing breath awareness. This ancient secret unlocks deeper layers of the mind, empowering you to alter mental and emotional patterns in real-time.
- Ayurvedic Enhancements: Learn a selection of simple yet potent Ayurvedic methods to further enhance your wellbeing.
Topics will include:
- Digestion and Energy
- Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Optimizing Sleep and Kickstarting Your Mornings
- Nurturing Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
- Integrating Yoga in Varied Environments: From the office to on-the-go
- Harnessing Yoga for Meaningful Relationships
- …whatever else has not been covered above, based on your feedback from this session!
Yogic techniques covered:
- Shatkarma: the cleansing practices of Hatha Yoga, mainly for the head and abdomen.
- Dynamic asana sequences (pawanmuktasana)
- Simple classical asanas (steady postures) selected in line with the current course topics
- Breathing: deep, fast, slow, controlled, natural and observed… learning to breathe properly and to use breath as a tool of transformation
- Meditation. Rather than going into the depths of meditative awareness – even though this is something strongly recommended for all serious yoga aspirants – we will focus on short versions of classical meditations from yoga and tantra. This will gradually train the mind to quickly let go of negative thoughts and other sources of unnecessary stress and anxiety, and to gain the ability to find one’s centre and balance even in the midst of activity.
- Yama and Niyama: essential lifestyle adjustments as habits that we can acquire, to serve as an antidote for the mad, self-centred world of endless stimulation and disconnection from nature.
Special Addendum: Ayurveda for Everyone
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of holistic health management and longevity, is known for its highly personalised approach, requiring expert assessment by a skilled Ayurvedic doctor, and treatments performed by an external “technician”.
However, within its vast scope, there are also practices that are universal, effective, and easy to do by anyone.
Sannyasi Shantanu (Stefano Botti), a BSY-trained yoga teacher at the Satyananda Yoga Centre in Torino, Italy, and our dear friend, has been studying and applying many such practices in combination with his yogic training for several years, and will be joining us to share them with all of you.
*There may be scope for individual guidance, but not as part of this course.
Price: £35 per session (live sessions only)
Purchase the entire course for £250 and get access to:
- 8+1 sessions (save £65 compared to single bookings)
- practice materials, including video, audio and text (added continuously)
- community space for interacting with the teachers and fellow students
- our entire network (if you’re not a member yet) and all the groups and courses in it.
All morning sessions will take place on Saturdays between 9AM and 12PM (UK time); sometimes a little longer depending on student involvement and interaction.
- 21 October 2023
- 4 November 2023
- 18 November 2023
- 2 December 2023
- 17 December 2023 (SUNDAY!)
- 13 January 2024
- 27 January 2024
- 10 February 2024
- Introductory session: 7 October 2023 (access to recordings will be given to all students)
How to join:
Members: click here
Non-members: click here for one-time payment, or here for monthly subscription.
Single session purchase (does not include access to any other recordings or live sessions and community space): click here.
Got more questions? Contact us any time!